I haven't posted for a while but just had to say something.

This is the exact thing that has me so upset about politics and in particular
the politics of taking advantage of the weak and vulnerable.

All I hear from the Democrats is the "the sky is falling and we're the only
ones who care."  Where were they before they realized they could exploit this
issue to get in office?  They were not funding stem cell research, in fact they
had a ban on this research.  Now they believe it can be exploited for an
election and they are quick to scare the vulnerable and offer false hope.

They remind me of the charlatans that move in when a hurricane hits.  They
tell the people they can fix the roof now and no one else can get to it in time.
 They then over charge and do a poor job.  Take the money and run.  That is
what the Democrats and John Kerry have been pulling on us for years.

Remember this.  The Democrats have been saying they care about prescription
drugs for years and did nothing.  George Bush and the Republicans said we don't
have the cure all but we need to stop talking and move in the right
direction.  They did something and got a plan through for providing prescription aid to
those most in need.  The Democrats called foul.  It was a bad plan because
they could not exploit it.  The Democrats are now telling you a cure is around
the corner but while they were in office it was not important enough to fund.
Now that the Republicans and George Bush have said we have ethical concerns
but we have to do something and they provide hundreds of millions of dollars in
research funding the Democrats say that's no good because they want to exploit
it. Remember he moved on these things as soon as he got in office not right
before the election.

Where is this great Right Wing Moral majority that so many have been talking
about who are suppressing this research?  They are no where to be found.
Where are all the right to life protesters that the democrats are saying are
suppressing this research?  There is no great outcry preventing legitimate
research.  There are only the Democrats exploiting the weak and vulnerable for their
political gain.

Yes, there are many people out there with serious concerns about the ethics
of using embryos for research when they were created for procreation.  They are
people who like to voice concern, not trample on peoples rights to free
speech or exploit them for political gain. Yes, there are real right wing groups
out there but they are not exploiting the weak and vulnerable. They are not
offering false hope.  They are preaching on the street corners expressing their
beliefs in a free society.

Where is this great conspiracy?  I'll tell you it is 90% in the minds of the
politicians and media who have created this fear in order to exploit you, yes
you.  It is in the minds of scientists who have their own agendas to fund
their research.  Wake up people!  You are being exploited in the worst way.  They
are not taking your money, not yet! They are giving you false hope and
diverting funds and energy away from finding the cure.  They are diverting it into
getting themselves elected.  You will not hear the Republicans stand up and say
elect George Bush he is against stem cell research.  He is not against this
research he is concerned that we should conduct it in a manner that is ethical
and does not believe we have enough information at this time to use federal
money.  In other words he is an ethical person.  He is concerned and has done
more for this cause than any Democratic administration ever has.

With all respect to all who are being exploited.  Wake up!

Theresa Rehtom