Marsye, there is *no* guarantee that, even if stem-cell research were funded
by the government, you would be able to afford the implants.  Medicare
traditionally drags its feet when it comes to funding new treatments.  Only
those with money will probably be able to obtain the implants.

We now live in a country where the rich have magnificent health care while
the poor obtain only the basics.  I've seen that reality played out time and
again in the hospital in which I work.
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 65/25)

> Does that mean that if ESC implants prove effective, theywill only be done
in
> private clinics? What will happen to patients who cannot afford private
> medical treatment?
>
> Maryse cg John 75,15

mailto:[log in to unmask]