Dear List Members:

For the past 8 weeks, I have been staying at my sister, Fran's, home, helping
her and Alan, her significant other, make it through the day and night.  Once
I had pushed the "send" button on the e-mail sent minutes ago, I regretted
not mentioning in the signature line, that I am also honored to be working with
the Parkinson Action Network as the South Florida Congressional Coordinator;
focusing on getting its message and the message of the Parkinson's community at
large out in the light of day.

As part of some general background information, TCCP sponsors free exercise
classes at Sugar Sand Park for People with Parkinson's and their Care Partners,
Mondays through Thursdays at Sugar Sand Park.  We passed out fliers yesterday
with the PAN website and Grass Roots Connection web site along with telephone
numbers for the Florida Department of State Division of Elections for people
to call for Absentee Ballots (561.276.1226) and/or to find out the locations
where they can get out to vote ahead of time to avoid the lines (561.656.6200
or 1.866.868.3321).

On August 9, 2004,  I was asked to speak, on behalf of caregivers, at the
Stem Cell Awareness Day: "Rally for Cures" an event that was co-hosted by the
Genetics Policy Institute with the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis of the
University of Miami.  Speakers included Janet Reno, former United States Attorney
General, Bernard Siegel, GPI Executive Director, Sabrin Cohen, GPI advocate and
spinal cord injury patient, Alison Landes, President, Take Charge! Cure
Parkinson's, Inc. (caregiver), W. Dalton Dietrich, III, Ph.D. Scientific Director,
Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, Juan Dominguez Gendala, MSc, Ph.D. Diabetes
Research Institute, University of Miami

Again, thank you for your input on the email sent earlier and copied below: