In a message dated 8/31/2004 2:04:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

By the  1980s, AS cells were literally curing a variety of cancers and other
diseases
This entire article can best be described as prolixious political claptrap.
I'd love to see the specifics to back up the sentence above. The problem is
that  blind dogmatic concurrence is a hallmark of the conservative base (i.e "we
are  turning the corner with the economy" and other nonsensical untrue
statements  which are swallowed whole and regurgitated for the benenfit of those
even less  aware or more dogmatic). Of course the complaints against the
conservative base  lose some impact when portions of the liberal base are gauche
enough to
undress in the street wile their compatriot are lyingin the road in front  of
cars. What a world!

What's a rational thinking person to do when the  selection processs  by
which we select our leaders and thus the future course of our lives is so
deficient as to leave us with only a "least worse" option to choose from.

But then again, how to expect anything else in a country where the nightly
news, doing nothing more than catering to the needs and (lack of) intellect of
its audience, leads off
with every rape, murder,molestation and traffic accident within 500 miles  as
a lead in to whatever slant on the political news the station espouses,
Natinal Public Radio was a refuge maybe 10 years ago but since that time, every
Israeli shell fired whether in anger or self defence hits a nursing Arab mother
 while every Arab pea shooter fired purely in self defence
rattles harmlessly off Israeli armor. See I have my own hobby horses to
ride. Ain't I allowed?

Paul H. Lauer