Trojans: Right vs Wrong, Science vs Religion
The Role of Governments

Patients, families and friends with neurological diseases know the tole these maladies bring to families. The tole includes suffering, financial despair, and the robbing of the potential from offspring in families that endure.

Religions from the beginning of time would teach us that these sufferings would make us strong and if we endured, giving up to Caesar what is Caesar's, we will all be together...some day.

Modern alchemy, wizards brew, has made it possible to endure but not reverse what has and is, plaguing us. Doctors of the healing arts, our modern "medicine men" have bought in on free enterprise, using our maladies to finance a high lifestyle because there are so many of us and so few of them.

Devious men wise in the use of agendas have crafted the perfect hoax using the funding of research on a limited number of stem cell lines by the government and balancing that by establishing an ethics council with appointees tilted with a majority who for some reason or another oppose all fetal stem cell research.

Those who oppose any type of cloning after "Dolly the sheep" and the sensational reporting of actual human cloning, Went to the UN and proposed a world wide treaty to make it criminal for scientists to research any type of cloning. Many western governments following the lead of United States legislated severe penalties for doing so. See http://tinyurl.com/6vkbx

Therapeutic cloning is necessary to find the cures we are so desperately seeking. Under the proposed UN treaty, sponsored by the US, this would be criminal world wide.

We in the Parkinson's community have had the services of people like you and me walk the halls of the U.S. Congress seeking more federal funding for the NIH for Parkinson's research. Over the years Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) has successfully lobbied for increases in Parkinson's research funding.

Many of you are in a quandary. Do you follow the teachings of your religion or are you a straight ticket voter when it comes to a Presidential election? Are you enduring your hardships because by doing so it will pay off somewhere down the line? Are you so defeated that you have lost hope?

If you tune into the radio commentators and follow their mantra that real leaders never change their minds when new information becomes available, I have some excellent swamp land in Florida to sell you. If Hope costs money we can't have any because "the people's money" has already been distributed to thse who make over $200,000 a year. The idea of a "rainy day fund" is beyond them. Paying for running the government with IOU's is ok if it is a tax cut for special interests.

My point is, if we are to buy into the idea that this stem cell research "COULD" benefit us, the extended Parkinson's (neurological disorders) families, then you should consider a regime change when you go to the voting booth in November.

I am not frightened by having a trial lawyer as Vice President either. If I go into surgery as the result of a defective product and I come out with my penis cut into three pieces, I want the best trial lawyer available.

John Cottingham
Member of the human race
Citizen of the United States