Bill and Ray thank you for your comments.

Bill I think you have something there concerning the "guarded approach".

The bottom line is there are new cell lines being developed internationally including the Australian company that has offered their newly developed line to researchers all over the world for free. Some countries are not taking the "measured approach" and Korea for example, according to a poll of their scientists do not in a heavy preponderance feel that human cloning is unethical.

Reasonable people in the ethics world can reach some common ground. What is so frustrating is that the present administration is sending a mixed message home and abroad is that it is unethical and in some drafts of the UN treaty, criminal to do research in therapeutic cloning.

Stem cell research organizations are springing up all over the world in anticipation of great breakthroughs that  could generate big profits for them. They are mortified that this science is being politicized because they, including our own fine PD organizations will have to either thrive or perish depending on the "measured approach" of the next U.S. administration.

I believe that basic ethical science is a role of government. The petri dish shuffle should be public financed, then as things are discovered, private entities could run with that. Our politicians around the world have differing viewpoints on the role of governments.

Our hope is that as administrations change, our scientific playing field will change recognizing the ethical developments of other stem cell lines and their inclusion in available public funding.

I live in a "Red" state and my senior U.S. Senator, Don Nickles is retiring. I have made it known to the candidate that is anticipated to win that WE the Parkinson's community, are heavily interested in the stem cell issue as a possible vehicle to finding a cure. He agrees!

Keep the faith, marching in solidarity.

John Cottingham