On 4 Sep 2004 at 15:29, Rayilyn Brown wrote:

> The big argument is a moral, not a scientific, one.  The question is
> whether these undifferentiated cells are people or not  Morality is
> being used to trump the pragmatism of science.

For once, I agree with Rayilyn (at least partially).  It IS a moral issue.  I
would, however, go on to say that morality is not being used to "trump"
science, but rather to "control" science.

Many things have been done in the name of "science" which are not moral,
and ultimately, it is morality which makes us civilized beings.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"