First Lady is badly misinformed on stem-cell research
First Lady is badly misinformed on stem-cell research Date published: 9/5/2004
 Did you know that Laura Bush isn't a stem-cell researcher? You might not
catch on to this fact after hearing her recent speech claiming that such research
is "ridiculous," or that it hasn't yielded any data showing that it would
benefit health studies.
I implore you to go online, or read any factual source, and you will see that
stem-cell research could provide amazing data on cell re-growth. The First
Lady also claims that stem-cell research is very "preliminary" right nowwell
that's what happens when the government bans funding for studies, so her point is
moot; scratch that, it is asinine. The fact that stem-cell research can be
considered only "preliminary" is justification enough for the ban to be lifted
and for further money to be put to testing. Why don't we just ace a couple
billion off the Halliburton contracts?
Do not simply scoff at what I have written as you do to dozens of these you
read every day. Go out and read up on stem-cell research. You will quickly
realize that it may lead to a cure for your parent who barely knows your name
anymore, or your child who is suffering from a terminal illness. There is no more
time to be selfish.
Adam Grace
Locust Grove
Date published: 9/5/2004