Etzoid makes a good point. Other ways to avoid the ethical dilemma
include using cells in the umbilical cord from the mother in normal
births and  cell donations from living persons who give of themselves
much the same as an organ.  My question is whether the need for cells
in research is so great that these other sources would be inadequate.

Gene