it's a shame a simple, inexpensive supplement ends up costing so much....  :(

i have no first-hand experience or observation, but it occurs to me that whether the claims are exaggerated or not, considering glutathione can't hurt, what's the harm in trying?

now the reason for delivering glutathione intravenously is that when taken orally, this tripeptide (composed of the 3 amino acids -- gamma-glultamic acid, glycine and cysteine) gets dismantled in the digestive system before it has a chance to reach, in its proper form, the body's intracellular fluids (where it works to trap free radicals and prevent oxidative stress).

for what it's worth, the received wisdom is to load up instead (yes, orally) on the PRECURSOR to glutathione, namely NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine).    along with glutamic acid and glycine, NAC is the intermediary in the conversion of cysteine into glutathione.

ariela

====