On 16 Sep 2004 at 9:42, Joao Carvalho wrote:

> The ruling of the use of stem cells is a political decision by part of
> the governments and is not  my intention to make political propaganda
> (as assumed) but  only pointing the paradox  is your statement as
> accepted by "pro-life"  defenders. Do you consider this political
> ruling  irrelevant ? Best, Joao

I do not understand your point, above.  Bush's decision was supported by
Congress (if Congress wishes otherwise, they should enact appropriate
legislation), but was based on his own (Bush's) views.  These views are
supported by many.

Here in California, we will have on our November ballot, an initiative
regarding stem cells, and so, we will have a chance to see what the electorate
feels.

What I objected to in your posting was your attempt to connect the stem cell
issue with the war in Iraq.  The two issues are different and the
supporters/opponents are different.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"