Hi
    I have been silently watching the debate about stem cells in  this
column.

    I know nothing useful will come out of this debate.

    I just want to ask the people against stem cells just one question.

    Do you know the meaning of stem cell? Theoretically any stem cell has
the potential to develop into an embryo and eventually into a full fledged
human being if given the right conditions. That is why they are called the
stem cells. Does this mean that no body should benefit by using the stem
cell products?

    Raj