On 18 Sep 2004 at 10:13, Brightline wrote:

> Do you know the meaning of stem cell? Theoretically any stem cell has
> the potential to develop into an embryo and eventually into a full
> fledged human being if given the right conditions. That is why they
> are called the stem cells. Does this mean that no body should benefit
> by using the stem cell products?

Most people who are opposed to certain uses of stem cells are opposed to the
use of human embryos as the sources of the stem cells.  I, as one of those
people, have ethical problems with the intentional destruction of such
embryos to obtain stem cells from them.  My objections are not "absolute", in
that I have some reservations with regard to already-existing cell lines.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.