On 13 Sep 2004 at 12:13, Caryle wrote:

> The govenment has no right to say that what they did was right
> or wrong and neither do we.

It is not "the government" that has the right.  What is important are the rights
of the individual.  The "government", at least in a democracy, represents the
"people", and has the duty to look after the rights of the individual (including
the child).

>They did what was necessary to save their
> child's life.  Isn't that what we sign on to do when we have
> children??

Yes, but we do not automatically get the right to kill another for that purpose.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.