Linda Ray,

Parkinson Society Canada has put out a brochure that should go with every
Parkinson patient when entering a hospital or long term care facility, and
it should be read by the cognizant personnel.  It may be ordered from
Parkinson Society Canada - no charge, I'm sure, or you can find it on the
web at:

http://www.parkinson.ca/pdf/LTCBrochurewithTipSheet.pdf

It also is available in French.

It is very well done.  It stresses what needs to be stresses and explains
the needs of the Parkinson patient well.  If you have Parkinson's, you
should have a copy handy at all times.  If you are a caregiver, you have a
copy available if the person you give care to needs to go to the
hospital.  If you are a medical professional, this is something you should
read and share.

This is a wonderful resource, and it won't help you if it is only sitting
on a shelf somewhere in Canada.

Art