Wendy

I've never heard of it being done before trying levadopa, except  in non-PD
dystonia cases,.  That was one of the criteria for my having it   - also L-DOPA
pet scan

Re dystonia  - after initial brain lesion my left foot straightened, but I
still stagger on my toes of left foot, can't put it  down, not even after botox
now

In my area, Murrieta, CA a couple of years ago, there was a young man 18 yrs
old who had dystonia (not PD) so bad he was in fetal position.  DBS "cured"
him!  He was able to graduate wih his peers.  Don't know how he is doing now.
Why it helped   him so much in this regard and me so little, I   don't know,
except as Edith Love contends there are numerous PD-like, but different
diseases,
The Dystonia Foundation touts it as treatment for non- PD dystonia patients.

Ray