Hi Wendy,

I realize that this response may come too late for what
you are looking for, but at Western there is a biology
professor who has organized a unit of a Bio lab course
to teach writing.  He is currently in charge of
teaching it, but did not know how to
structure/implement it, so he came to writing centre
for that information.  We then collaborated on the
unit, with him providing the subject matter and the
writing centre providing the theory, etc.

Sincerely,
Julie-Ann Stodolny

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:53:08 -0700, Wendy Strach wrote:

> Greetings all!
>
> I'm seeking information from you about the academic
> homes of faculty who
> teach writing and particularly who teach writing in
the
> disciplines.
> We are wondering what proportion of people who are
> teaching writing come
> from disciplines other than English or Education.
>
> Could you please let me know if you have a unit/centre
> or courses taught by,
> say a physicist, who is teaching writing in physics?
> I'm wondering about
> the academic backgrounds of people who are in those
> active programs in
> engineering and business at U of T and elsewhere; what
> about medical
> schools?
>
> SFU is still in the developmental stage of
implementing