hi wendy,

i am new to the list and haven't seen your previous
posts - it is good to know i am not the only one
disturbed by this.

levodopa being held up as the standard against which
other therapies (at least the brain surgery therapies)
are judged is troubling to me because it means that if
something almost measures up, but not quite, the study
may be deemed a failure, the therapy may be dropped,
and levodopa and dyskinesia remain the *best* therapy,
rather than another option that *doesn't cause
dyskinesia* being made available.

does anyone know whether, in clinical trials,
participant satisfaction is taken into account in the
judging of the success/failure of the trial, and if
so, to what degree?

mackenzie