According to Dr. William Langston of the Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale CA, this bill represents the logical and necessary next step in uncovering the causes and finding new therapies for Parkinson's Disease.

This bill was "dead" yesterday - it was brought back to life and lifted from the veto pile after much activity and the help of folks like Lonie Ali and Micheal J. Fox. Significantly, of the more than 800 bills on the
Governor's desk awaiting his signature or a veto, it received more grassroots support through phone calls, email, letters and faxes than any bill except one.

Congratulations and thanks to the many PWP who helped influence the Governor's decision with this grassroots campaign.

Greg Wasson
Parkinson's Action Network
Calfornia Parkinson's Caucus

Maxine Krugman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
the governor of our state of california, in his wisdom and after much
lobbying by many, has signed the registry bill into law for Parkinson's. this is a
huge step forward and one that people from the parkinson's institute and the
mjfox foundation believe is critical to research efforts. this collection of
data will be invaluable. a good day, my friends.
maxine