FWD with permission to post

----- Original Message -----
Sent: September 25
From: anonymous
Subject: PIEN AND YOUR RESEAECH

> I am not sure if you especially wanted replies to go to the list  or not.
>
> I rarely write to the list, but I read posts and have made some very good
friends through PIEN.   I was diagnosed  at the beginning of 2000, but like
many others, recognize difficulties going back 4-5 years before that.   I
joined the list about one week before the infamous 9/11.  According to many
posts I have read since, that was a bit of a turning point.  I'm not sure at
all how PIEN functioned before that time but it has never seemed to fit the
description I first encountered in a long forgotten bulletin.

> I joined to learn about PD and about how others cope with it.  I have
learned much over the years but I delete heavily now.  There always seem to
be a few individuals who use the list to vent or to politicize or perhaps as
a shield against loneliness.   At this point in time, the list seems to be
about 25% information and 75% politics, quips, arguments, personal attacks
and opinion.  As such , I think it has lost much of it's value to those who
are members of the 25% population.

> I have time to skim and do not leave but no longer have much need for PIEN
as a source of information.

anonymous