I've Been A Tad Concerned 'Bout The "Drive 'Round The World" Gang

Drive Around The World For Parkinson's - Where Are They Now?

October 04, 2004

Safe and sound in northern China

photo

The gang during the drive from Northern India down toward the Pakistani border at
Amritsar. Better/more pictures to follow.

Logbook for Oct. 4th, Day

Start: Sost, Pakistan
Time:
N:
E:      Finish: Kashgar, China
Time: N/A
N:
E:      Mileage: :

Notes: This is a quick hello to let you all know we have traveled through Pakistan
and are safe and happy in northern China. For security reasons, I was not allowed
to tell you we were in Pakistan. For reasons of really poor Internet access in the
Northern Area of Pakistan, I was unable to send journal updates to let you know
how we've been. We've been great. We were delayed several days by an expired
visa when we tried to enter China from Pakistan, and they deported us back to
Pakistan. Todd and Nick went back to Islamabad to correct the visas while the rest
of the team remained in the Northern Area. We all fell in love with the friendly
people and the beautiful countryside of Pakistan during our stay there, and I must
say we all felt quite sorry to leave. Most of us agree that the Pakistanis we met in
Hunza in the north are some of the most friendly, most beautiful, most gracious
people we have met on the entire expedition. We made a lot of friends in the village
of Karimabad in Hunza, and we miss them already. Now, we are in China awaiting
driving permits so we can continue to Kazakhstan and Russia. Everybody is healthy
and in excellent spirits. (N.O.)

Help support our cause: The LONGITUDE Expedition is the longest journey ever
attempted with a focus on Parkinson's Disease. The Drive Around the World team
aims to raise money for Parkinson’s Disease research by driving four Certified, Pre-
Owned Land Rover Discoverys around the globe following lines of longitude.
Readers are encouraged to pledge small amounts of money per expedition-
kilometer via a pledge form that can be found on our Parkinson’s page by clicking
HERE.
https://www.parkinsonsinstitute.org/support/drivearoundtheworld

One hundred percent of donations received go directly to Parkinson's research, and
all who donate $10 or more will be entered into a raffle to win an expedition-
equipped Land Rover Discovery.

Posted by Nancy Olson at 07:09 AM

SOURCE: Drive Around The World
http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/parkinsons/index.html
(Click on "Journals" at the top of the Page)

This is Good News ... cheers ... murray

* * *