Bill Lawless wrote:

>Denise,
>Try the writing of the PD Recovery Project. www.pdrecovery.org  . I don't know about the acupuncture part, but the description of the patients reaction to various meds is the same as my experience. Your father may be over medicated or have the wrong combination of medicines . Your own experience with neurology  will help a lot. His quick decline seems unusual.
>
>Regards, Bill Lawless
>[Post hoc, ergo propter hoc!] a logical fallacy.

Dear Denise;  I am a 67 year old PWP dx 10 years ago.  My PD had made
very slow progress (I hate that word) until May - August when it
accelerated so rapidly that I was in the hospital for re-eavluation
because of hallucinations, sleep-walking and falls as well as
festination and freezing.  My neuro kept upping the sinemet until I was
at 900 mg per day ( I was at 200 in May) and now I am a dyskinetic
mess.  I went to another doctor for a second opinion and he agreed to
work with me for a very slow titration back down to 200mg or 300 mg.
Its going to be hard wotrk.

As for the cause of the explosion of symptoms, the new Doc, Christopher
Goetz at Rish Medical  center in Chicago,
he said he didn't know: it could be a  concurrent viral infection, acute
stress or meds interacting.  The important thing is to get the
dsyskinesia under control.

I hope this helps with your father.  A new point of view is always helpful.

Nancy S. deGrazia