CANADA: SuperWalk For Parkinson's 2004 Hits New Record High

TORONTO, Oct. 9 /CNW/ - Throughout September, 74 communities across Canada
took part in the Annual SuperWalk for Parkinson's raising a record amount of $1.61
million (gross) to benefit those living with Parkinson's, their families and caregivers.

SuperWalk for Parkinson's 2004 was an outstanding success due to the
enthusiastic involvement of our many walkers, SuperSTARWalkers (those raising
over $1000), team challenge participants and participation in on-line registration.
Parkinson Society Canada gratefully acknowledges the support of its many
generous corporate sponsors and Honourary Chair, Vicki Gabereau.

"SuperWalk for Parkinson's is the single most important national awareness and
fundraising event for Parkinson Society Canada and its success will enable
Parkinson Society Canada to continue its role within the Parkinson's community"
said National President and CEO Joyce Gordon. "We sincerely thank all who
supported this event either by walking or by donating."

Monies raised from this national event will be used for local support services and
our national research programme (see http://www.parkinson.ca for research
programme details). Parkinson Society Canada is the national voice of Canadians
living with Parkinson's. Our purpose is to ease the burden and find a cure through
research, education, advocacy and support services.

For further information: please contact: Roger D. Ali, CFRE, National
Director, Resource Development, (416) 227-9700

SOURCE: CNW Telbec (Communiqués de presse), Canada
http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/October2004/09/c8673.html

* * *