dear ivan, greg and meg and anyone else who is concerned about this
matter. i must come out on the side of reason and suggest that we take
the high road in this case. to become angry  and make demands does
nothing to address the underlying issue here; which happens to be
bringing about parkinson's awareness and to stop the proliferation of
stereotypes about pwp's that are being perpetuated by people who should
know better-but don't. now, i didn't see the episode in question and
cannot be sure of the context in which this remark was made, but it
would seem to me that honey attracts more flies.  Yes, by all means,
engage Alex Trebeck in a meaningful discussion about our problems with
his comment and use this as a grand oppertunity to educate and to get
the word out. Mr. Trebeck has always seemed like a reasonable and
intelligent man. i would think, that given the opportunity to make
amends, he would gladly do so-thereby giving an agenda to  promote pd
awareness without the possibility of backlash.  my opinion. j

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm