"People of Faith for Stem Cell Research" petition

We are planning to issue a press release about the petition by Friday of
this week and expect to gain considerable media coverage about the fact
that many people of faith support stem cell research because of its
promise for treating severe human diseases.

This petition (at www.pfaith.org) has already received over 9000
signatures.

And over a hundred of our nations prominent theologians and religious
leaders have endorsed this petition.

Before we issue our press release, we'd like to increase the number of
people who have signed the petition. Please, ask everyone you know --
including family members and friends -- to follow your example and sign
the petition today.  They can sign the petition by visiting
www.pfaith.org) and clicking on "Sign Petition."

We signers of the petition believe that the restriction imposed by
President Bush on federal funding of stem cell research should be lifted.
 Currently, hundreds of thousands of microscopic embryos, stored in our
nation's IVF clinic freezers, are slated to be destroyed.  They should be
made available to the scientific search for effective remedies and cures.

We appreciate your support.

Best wishes,

Steve Meyer, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, formerly Chairman of the
Board of Lay Ministry;
Co-Director, Stem Cell Action Network, Chattanooga Tennessee