Hi there,

The Writing & Learning Centre at the Ontario College of Art & Design is
looking at instituting a confidentiality policy specific to our Centre.

We are hoping that our confidentiality policy will address the following
concerns:

--student confidentiality with respect to the records we keep on the content
of one-on-one appointments with students during writing/learning skills
tutoring.  These records are solely for the tutors as a way for them to keep
track of the progress of the student (and tutor) in the one-on-one sessions.
The records also include information on when the student came for tutoring,
name, student ID, etc.

--student confidentiality with respect to the personal information that
tutors gather through conversing with students in a one-on-one context.

MY QUESTION FOR WRITING & LEARNING CENTRE ADMINISTRATORS:  Does your writing
centre have a confidentiality policy?  Is it different from your
institution's policy on student records and therefore specially tailored to
the needs of your centre? Can I have a look at your policy and where can I
find it?

Many, many thanks for helping me out!  Best, C.

Christina Halliday, PhD

Coordinator, Writing & Learning Centre

Faculty of Liberal Studies

T 416.977.6000 x239

F 416.977.6006

E [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ONTARIO COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN

100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada  M5T 1W1

www.ocad.ca <http://www.ocad.ca/>