At U of T, we have quite a number of such systems. Some better than others.
2. If so, are you using an off-the-shelf program (like Duke's
>       university shareable program or TutorTrack) or did you develop one?
all are custom in one way or another.

>    3. If you developed one, is it available for others to share or
> purchase?
Ours in Engineering would be too difficult to customize for other uses. I
believe some of the others have been designed to be more portable.

>    4. If you are currently using such a program, what features do you
>       consider essential? desirable? annoying?
I would like to be able to see the whole week at a time, for all tutors. Ours
just lets me see my times, so I can't tell a student when someone else is free.

Rob Irish