We're still looking for contributions to the Inkshed Newsletter, so if
you have something you've been thinking of sending in, now is the time
to act. We've reproduced the original call below.

Call for Contributions for Inkshed, Vol 22, Number 1, Fall 2004

Books read and remembered
Have you read something lately, esp. something that relates to language
and literacy? If so, consider writing a short (or even longer, if you
have time) description of it and your reactions/reflections on issues it
raises? For example, I've got Stuart Selber's *Multiliteracies for a
Digital Age * (NCTE, 2004) sitting on my bookshelf; if you've got
something you've been meaning to get to or even managed to read, tell
the rest of us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

Developments in writing programs at your work site
What has been going on where you work? We would like to run regular
descriptions of programs as a way of sharing program models and also
just connecting people who are doing similar things in different places.
If you can find the time, write a description of one aspect of the
teaching of writing where you work.

Reflections on teaching and learning
Extended pieces, including research on writing
If you've been working on a longer, research paper or argument, consider
sending it to Inkshed.

Rants and Raves
Is there something about the teaching of language and literacy that just
drives you nuts? Come on, we know it drives you nuts when students come
to writing centre appointments without the assignment. What else is
bugging you? Conversely, have you witnessed something wonderful lately?
A student who got it? A tutor who went out of their way to help a
student?

Quotes that reveal something about language and literacy
Send them in. Here's one I found today: "Those students get the highest
grades who teach me the most," Theodore Roethke, quoted in Jim Burke's
*The English Teacher's Companion (Boynton/Cook, Heinemann, 1999), 168.

Deadline:
December 1, 2004
Contact information:
773-325-1779