Hello Joanne and U of C!
Here at StFX, we don't have an on-line booking system, but we use the
Calendar function of Microsoft Outlook.

All students and faculty are connected to the same email platform
(@stfx.ca) and we do not use hotmail and other such addresses. Students
still must physically call and book appointments. Our secretary, Joanne
(or a delegate) will set the appointment in the electronic calendar and
invite the student and the instructor who is assigned to work with that
student. The system allows multiple bookings in a time slot, so
four-five instructors can be seen on the system at the same time. We use
the reminder function, so when the student accepts the appointment, a
reminder appears in their email box the day before (this is cutting down
on no-shows (down 5% after implementing the reminder), but increasing
cancellations). Joanne has figured out a way to code the system so when
she enters NO-SHOW or CANCELLED, it turns the block a particular colour.

The booking system does take time, but it is handling our 4000
appointments per year (and costs no more than the labour to answer the
phone, book or cancel the appointment, and log it as a no-show).

I hope this helps!
Wendy

PS ... If you run into Pat Walsh and Mike Cichon (both in English
department) in your travels, give them my regards!

Wendy L. Kraglund-Gauthier
Academic Skills Instructor
Camden Hall 113
(902) 867-4530