FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 5, 2004

CONTACT:

Benjamin J. Kirby
202-842-4101 x103

PARKINSON'S ACTION NETWORK TO HOST
RESEARCH AND EDUCATION & PUBLIC POLICY FORUM

11TH Annual Forum will bring Director of NIH, other leaders in
science from across the country to Washington, DC February 6-8, 2005

(WASHINGTON, DC) - The Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) will be
hosting hundreds of advocates and members of the Parkinson's
community as well as several notable scientists and researchers from
around the country to attend the 11th Annual Forum.

The event, held at the Marriott Metro Center in Washington, DC, is
Sunday, February 6th through Tuesday, February 8th, 2005.

"This has been an active year for the Parkinson's disease community,"
said PAN Executive Director Amy Comstock. "My expectation is that
this Forum will present an opportunity to share information about the
breakthroughs we have seen and the future direction we will take in
seeking a cure."

The Research and Education Forum, an all-day session on Sunday,
February 6, will feature a keynote address by Dr. Elias Zerhouni, the
Director of the National Institutes of Health, a scientific overview
of Parkinson's disease research, a briefing on the funding of federal
programs, and a discussion of emerging therapies for Parkinson's
disease patients.

"We are excited and honored to have Dr. Zerhouni participate in our
Forum.  It presents a unique opportunity for our advocates to hear
directly from the source the state of Parkinson's research at the
NIH," said PAN Board Chairman Jeffrey C. Martin.

On Monday, February 7th, events continue with the Public Policy
Forum, featuring an advocacy training session, and a review of the
PAN policy agenda.

Said Comstock: "The dates of the Forum - at the beginning of the
109th Congress - are perfectly timed to present the needs of the
Parkinson's disease community to our legislators."

On Tuesday, February 8th - the final day of the Forum - advocates
will go to Capitol Hill to meet with Senators and Representatives to
discuss relevant Parkinson's disease funding and community issues.

The Forum will close with the Louis Fishman Advocacy Awards Dinner at
the Marriott.  During the dinner, The Louis Fishman Award for
Advocacy will be presented to Linda Herman.  Linda is the PAN State
Co-Coordinator for New York (upstate).  The Murray Charters Award for
Outstanding Service to the Parkinson's Community will be presented to
Len Casavant.  He is the State Co-Coordinator for South Carolina.
Len hosts the radio program Travels With Parkinson's.