It's been said that everything you do is political.  Politics
certainly enters into the lives of PD sufferers, in terms of stem cell
research.  We should definitely talk about this, but we must do so
with tolerance and respect.

I think having myself installed as absolute dictator would be the best
form of government, but since I probably can't have that, to me, the
next best thing is to have everyone participate, democracy-style.

With that in mind, if your intent is to argue with each other, you can
very easily do that by responding to a comment in private, rather than
on the listserv.  I may or may not agree with what you say, but I
generally pay no attention to all those 'Re: Now What...' postings,
because it's not the appropriate forum.

If you come up with an idea that will advance our cause, the search
for a cure, even if it is a political idea, it should be considered a
duty to share it, and carefully consider the ups and downs of it.  But
if you merely want to argue about "my morals are better than yours",
I'm pretty sure most of us don't want to be involved.

I'm from Buffalo, and I remember the "bickering Bills" of the early
90's.  They had all the talent in the world, but they took their eyes
off the prize, spent too much energy arguing among themselves, and
ended up losing.

Four times.

Enjoy!
Rick McGirr