Thank you Art,  for the update on Barb Mallut. This was not a happy week
for the Parkinsn list - so much bad news about old-time list members. For
those who never had the pleasure of reading Barb's messages - - she
always  brought  great humor and enthusiasm and honesty to the list
discussion.  She had such great spirit.  Barb even got to appear on Oprah
 - she was invited to be in the audience for a show about young onset PD,
and she was selected to make a comment from the audience.
It is so sad to hear that the disease has taken such a toll on Barb.
Thanks  Art for including  her address so we can send her cards.

When I was diagnosed almost 9 years ago (12/04/95) i was told there would
likely  be a cure in the next five years. I think most of us were told
the same thing regardless of when we were diagnosed. Certainly we are
closer, but we are not close enough.

For listmembers  Barb Mallut and Barbara Blake-Krebs whose lives have
been ravaged by PD, and for the memory of  Joan and George -- those of us
who are still able to must continue the fight to defeat this disease in
whatever ways we can.

Wondering where to start? There are many good U.S. and Canadian
organizations and web sites suggested on  Murray Charters Parkinson's
Advocacy web site.
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/023.html

Linda Herman