Barb was a pioneer. In one of her list messages, she wrote in Nov. 1999,
that she had a pallidotomy performed in Oct. 1994 and after 5 years was
still experiencing some benefits, but also worsening of other symptoms.
She also said  "I'll be forever grateful for that pallidomy because it
was like
being given a second chance at life. "

Linda