I think the LA Times article "Taming My Tremor" by Joel Havemann is one
of the best I've read on the experience of  DBS.  It's  unfortunate
though  that  the links the  Times provided at the end of this wonderful
article were actually "Ads by Google" (if  people can read the very small
print. )

Instead of including  links to commercial sites that pay to appear on
targeted web sites, seems the LA Times could have asked the author of the
article to select sites that would be informative and valuable to
Parkinson's patients.

I checked again today and at least the "Medicines Greatest Blunder" link
was gone and there was at least one worthwhile link --  New Hope for
Parkinson's web site http://www.newhopeforparkinsons.com/regfull/
Linda

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:15:31 -0800 "Mario A. Gonzalez"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Did any one get a chance to read the Los Angeles TImes Articles on
> Parkinson's Disease?
> At the  end of the article, there is like an ad section, and two
> more articles appear.
>
> I am enclosing the URL's for the two articles I read, I enclosed
> them in "<>", so, don't
> forget to remove the "<>" if you want to read them from OE.
>
>  Do we have here the next generation of P.T . Barnum's?
>
> Let me know, I am curious to hear, especially from our distinguished
> Galens.

<http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/magazine/la-tm-parkinson46n
ov14,0,5774520.story?coll=la-home-magazine>