Lorraine

I had bilateral DBS at age 67 on June 26, 2003 and redo on Sept 4 of one
side. Sailed thru the surgeries, but all it helped was my tremors and my voice is
worse, very difficult to talk  now and have double vision as result of
surgeries.  However slowing those tremors was no small thing -I don't think I could
have lived shaking bilaterally like I was. Sinemet only helped me with walking
on first dose, alto I took it for a year in 2000 - I tried Stalevo and
sinemet several  times after the surgeries and wasn't helped. Stalevo made me
nauseated and reminded me that I could feel worse than I do  I don't take any PD
meds but will probably try rasagiline.  F-Dopa PET scan convinced drs at
Scripps, La Jolla I had PD.

think they like to do DBS before age 70, but the results are varied from
getting your life back to just tremor cessation. and side effects,  So you just
won't know til you try and it depends on the person.  I actually hoped I would
die during surgeries, it was only way   I could do it, but made it to struggle
on.
Good luck to you no matter what you decide.
Ray