Because Mirapex and Requip help the body to supply Dopamine, both have
become front-line drugs in the PD fight.  It is far better for the body to
do the work of Dopamine production than for Sinemet to be introduced.
Sinemet has a long, unhappy list of complications including dyskinesias
(uncontrollable movement) which can impact on daily living.

My husband had virtually withdrawn from the world until Mirapex came into
his life.  Suddenly he became sociable, was able to think and function
better and, best of all, his tremor and dystonia (painful muscle
contractions) disappeared.

His tolerance for Mirapex has decreased over the years, but we still
maintain him on a minimal dose in order to keep tremors and dystonia at bay.
---------
God bless
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 65/25)