boy, once in a great while,we really do something to be proud of!! when
we (Dennis Greene, Margaret Tuchman, Carol Walton and i) decided to
dedicate our book, "Voices From The Parking Lot-parkinson's insights and
perspectives," we sure hit the jackpot by picking the irascible don
mckinley. for those of you who haven't had a chance to see our book, i'm
going to reprint the dedication page:

We dedicate this book to those who have already gone before us in the
struggle against this disease,

...especially to Claude Scott whose life and death inspired his daughter
Jane, and family friend Marc Esser to create their powerful art:
"The Letting Go-A Parkinson's Story"

which in turn inspired this book

...and to Donald F. McKinley, who, along with his wife, Vivian, has
battled Parkinson's for over 30 of his 70 years. With grace and humor,
they still show us how to live life "from the Parking Lot!"

Art-thank you for being my conscience and reminding me that no matter
how busy i think i am, there is always time for old friends. i sent barb
mallut a card and i am thrilled to have an opportunity to catch up on my
dear friend "flash" McKinley. hey Don, i miss your posts and your
conversations. my love to you and yours!

also, i would like to offer the family of Joan Hartman the deepest of my
sympathies.
she was a splendid woman and a great source of information and
inspiration. too many of us are dying. we need a cure now!!