Hi Rick,

I'm always pleased to hear that someone not only reads
the stuff I dredge up but appreciates it as well.

cheers ... murray

* * *

On 23 Nov 2004 at 2:49, Rick McGirr wrote:

Murray, I just wrote to the Boston Herald to see if they would help
me
contact that pianist, Carol Farley.  I also happen to be a 51-year-
old
piano player here in Buffalo, so I'd like to find out more than was
told in this short article, about her PD and its effect on her
playing.  Could help me prepare for my own future.

It's heartening to see people can continue to do their chosen work
for
some time after the onset of symptoms.  I was really troubled for
quite a while when it became obvious that I have PD.  But I just
became determined to appreciate what time I have, like everybody
should, and make the best of it.  So far I have lost the edge off of
my technique, but I've also found, due to my attitude shift, that my
playing is getting much more thoughtful and musical.  (ref. MJ Fox's
"gift that keeps on taking"...)  I'm looking forward to my next gig,
hopeful that there will be many more.

Thanks, Murray, for providing so much info for us.

Rick McGirr
.