Ray;
    This si a very valid quesion.  I do not think we do not know much about
what kills out\r neurons and why they begin to die on us.  i remember from
my student days tha during the development of the nervous system, most of
the neurons that do not make the right connection entually die during
development. From this one can deduce that for some unkbnown reason if a few
neurons die, this will trigger a domino effect and more will follow suit in
due course. By the samelogic, one can assume that depending on  h iniial
damage (a virus or some chemical or an environmental factor), the rate of
progresion of D may also differ between different individuals.
    Don't take my word for it.  Thhis is how I have rationalized the
situation. Our body is one of the most highy evolved in ths world and it has
regenerative power on such instaces.  However, in PD I am afraid that the
rate of neuronal death is outpaced by the rate of regeneration. That is why
when we take one item that is deficient in PD patients (eg. reduced
glutathione or Phosphatidyl serine) it soon loses its beneficial effect. I
assume that during the time his was effective, the disease has progressed
further and therefore, the beneficikleffect is lost.  That does not mean we
don'tneed eiher PS or Glutathione.  Since the disease is progressing, we
might need something else in addition.  Using this logic, I am still taking
PS, Glutathione, Co E Q10, NaDH etc.  In  all these cases, I saw beneficial
effect for the first two or three months, and then the effect was lost.
    Finally,  am trying something new now, whose effect has not been lost so
far for the past three months. I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Shall let
you all know if the effect shows promise in the long term. If my logic is
correct, the beneficial effect should definitely retard or stop the
progresion of PD on a long time basis. I shall talk about this novel
approach once I am convinced. I am 71 now turning a new leaf tomorrow which
is my birth day.  I hope my foxy idea will be helpful to everybody, if this
turns out to be a real breakthrough in effectively delaying the progression
of PD. I shall report on my results in  about three months.
    How are you doing now a days?  I see you are still active fighting like
a tiger for our cause in the forum.
    Wish you all the best and my regards.
    God bless you!
    Raj