Lorraine
I chose my neurosurgeon on basis of who was best and closest and it happened
to be Scripps  Clinic, La Jolla.  I really liked Dr. Waltz, but he was 73 at
the time, Head of Neurosurgery, don't know if he was the best and I didn't ask
him how many   DBSs he had done, like you're supposed to, figured my only
other choice was Iocono in Riverside who had been "fired" by Loma Linda.

My programmer. upon hearing of my upcoming move to AZ and proximity to the
Barrow Neuological Institute said, "they are better than us", my neurologist,
Dr. Hauser recommended Dr. Mark Stacey here, but he has gone to Duke U, so I'll
be seeing someone else.
Guess it depends on who is the best you can get to. I had my F-Dopa PET scan
done at my alma mater UCLA, but UCLA  was very hard to get to from Murrieta,
Scripps altho 76 miles  was easier.
Ray