If we wait for a  consensus, as I guess we must now, how long do you think it
will take to get a "cure'?  One cure for any disease, just like in vitro
working, would end this debate. Apparently there was a big debate about IVF in
beginning. Perhaps some researcher in the UK, Singapore, Israel or South Korea or
maybe even California will get lucky.

I don't know where we find the middle ground on war, abortion, etc.  We don't
have any choice on war like we do on abortion and ESCR.  I don't believe the
country has been this divided since the Civil War - it split families, altho
Ben Franklin's son was a Tory supporter of George III. in American Revolution.

I for one would like to see more discussion of the issues instead of  just
generalities like  "don' t criticize Bush" or "he is a good man" - how
productive is that?
Ray