hi everyone,

sorry about that last mail - slip of the finger and off it went by accident.

Theresa Rehtom <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ray, I am surprised. I thought you were a teacher.

You said generalizing that "He is a good man"- how productive is that?" If
there were 25 students in your class and you felt 15 were "getting it" and 10
weren't, what would you do? From your example you would criticize the
underachieving 10 and praise the "gold Star earning" 15. You must know that does not
work. If you want to win the 10 over and bring them into the fold you praise
the good they do and you carefully meter out criticism for their under
achievements.

You build a consensus by inclusion and consideration of everyone's opinions.
In the end everyone does not agree but all are willing to work for the common
good. You asked how long will it take now to find a cure? I would respond
with "As long as it takes for you to join the team and work as a team member
for the common good"

The division in this country is not as deep as you would have people believe.
There are differences, true, but differences do not make for division. It
is when people exaggerate those differences and make it all or nothing that
real divisions arise. Working together for some common good removes the
divisions but not the differences, they will always be there.

If you can see only one way and have only one vision and continue to place
your objectives above all others then division, from your perspective, will
continue. You will divide yourself from all that are not like you and eventually
you will find yourself alone divided from all. I hope you do not allow that
to happen to yourself.

I am certain you are a good person and have much to offer everyone. If you
try to build bridges I am certain you will be successful just as you must have
been successful in your former position as a teacher. In teaching I am sure
you tried to bring the whole class along and tried to leave no one behind. You
must have given a bit of praise to those who needed it. I know you found
good in every student and tried to bring that out in the classroom.

With Love and Tolerance for all

Theresa