Jamie, my only quibble would be that colo(u)rs don't
necessarily come through on all systems.  For internal
mail, that suggestion might work, if everyone uses the
same mail client.  But there are lots of circumstances
where it won't . . .

Also, I just have to ask:  Was the capitalized
CORRECTION in your subject line ironic?? :)

Marcy

--- Jamie MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> As the title made clear, but the text doesn't . . .
>
> Here's a guideline I recently created for the
> writing of e-mail. Quibbles? Suggestions?
>
> Emphasizing words and phrases
>
> Don't underline, use capital letters or italics to
> emphasize words or phrases; they're hard to read on
> a screen. Use asterisks ("there will *not* be a
> meeting this week") or colour (red, blue or black,
> depending on colour of main text).
>
> Joyeux noel à tous.
>
> Jamie MacKinnon
>
> Jamie MacKinnon
> Program management & Writing consulting
> Gestion de programme & Consultation en rédaction
> FMD, Bank of Canada  /  MFI, Banque du Canada
> 613 - 782 - 7124

> organization,
>     its newsletter, and the annual conference, go to
>               http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/

=====

Marcy Bauman

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."
H. G. Wells (1866 - 1946)