The Autumn issue of the Inkshed Newsletter is now available at this
address:

http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/nlettc04/index.htm

The pdf file will be up in a day or two.

This issue contains many words worth your time. Jim Gough writes about
reading, and specifically about how the writing and reading dynamic has
evolved in his Women and Philosophy course. Wendy Kraglund-Gauthier
leads us towards zen-like insights waiting for students at the Saint
Francis Xavier writing center. Margaret Procter explains why Gerald
Graff would call Chicago students (and others) clueless. Carl Leggo
explores the alphabet as a scaffolding strategy in three poems. Russ
Hunt takes another kick at the Microsoft can, with Amanda Goldrick-Jones
contributing her own dent or two.

We hope you'll take a look at engage some of the things that we've been
thinking about as we edited this issue. While we'd love to hear from you
directly, we'd be even happier if you posted your positions on these
concerns: setting up an optional peer review policy to be posted on the
website, re-thinking the internet-only publication method, and anonymity
when quoting student work in the Newsletter.

Heather Graves, Roger Graves
Editors, Inkshed Newsletter

Roger Graves,
Associate Professor, English