Joseph:

Phew, that note was indeed long, but then it is better to have a good
description of the symptoms. I agree with you that it may be Parkinson's,
but it sounds to me that there is something else as well. There is a
relatively easy test for Parkinson's (some say the only reliable one) and
that is to take a course of the dopamine medicine. Crudely speaking, if it
helps you have Parkinson's. It is somewhat inconclusive because other,
related diseases are also helped by dopamine, usually not as dramatically.
(for instance there is something called Parkinson's plus). So I would
recommend that you see a neurologist, and discuss the possibility of PD
(Parkinson's Disease). He will also do a test for "cogwheeling" in which he
bends your arm at the elbow back and forth. If the movement is ratchety
that is also an indication of PD. There really is no downside to taking the
dopamine (in the US Sinemet), and trying it say for two weeks or may be bit
longer. If it helps you have an indication and you can choose to continue
the medication or not. If it does not, no harm done, and you stop. In
general PD is a complicated disease because of the large number of
manifestations and changes. In your case stiffness and "pill rolling",  the
way  you described it, suggest PD. The description is less clear on whether
you have the "classic" PD tremor, but then PD does not necessarily manifest
itself with a tremor. There is PD without a tremor. But you need to
establish whether it is PD first (because that sounds to be the most
prevalent symptom) and having done that, go after the other symptoms. So go
see an good Neurologist.

K. F. Etzold cg Carline