Hi Denise

One other thing to ask would be how many people don't have relatives
with CF, and  to specify how far out on their family trees they should
consider.

If you count two people with relatives having CF but have no idea how
many people read the question, that could be 2 out of 10,000 or 2 out
of 40.  2 out of 10,000 probably isn't significant, but 2 out of 40
probably is.

If you go out to our 20th cousins, odds could be pretty high there is
someone with CF in almost everyone's family, just due to large sample
size.   Of course, most people probably don't know much about anyone
beyond their third cousins.

You still won't get perfect results because a lot of people just won't
answer, but they'll be a lot more meaningful than finding just those
that do have relatives with CF.

-A