Ken, PD is a really weird disease, it seems everyone is so different.

I'm 69, had PD 9 yrs now and in beginning it wasn't too bad, I maybe could
have even played golf.  In 2000 I tried Sinemet CR and thought boy this great -I
could walk normally.  Even tho it never helped again I took it for a year.  I
don't take any PD meds now.  tried Stalevo several times after DBSs but only
effect was nausea to remind me I could feel worse than I normally do.

One thing -in Nov 2001 my mom  had a stroke and I count my decline from then
- I was taking cooked meals and videos to her house (something I could never
do now)
and eventually  got off my daily exercise of treadmill and swimming.  She
died in Aug 2003 and I wonder what I would be like if it had never happened and I
had not had that stress..  Its hard to have PD and be a CG too.

Your situation really sounds different, but then again we are all different.

My grandfather lived about 6 or 7 yrs with PD but was older than me when he
got it.  You are so much younger.

One thing I know - so far I don't like PD meds
Ray