Ken,
When I was diagnosed with Parkinsons my condition was mild.  My  Neurologist
put me on medication - Sinemet - Immediately my symptoms became more
pronounced...slower movement, etc.  I discontinued the medication, and  was able to
wait another year before going on medications.  Today, I  still experience the
same reaction when I take my meds, then I begin to  improve after about an
hour.  So from my experience, I would agree with you  that the meds can have a
negative effect.  My Neurologists have no  explanation when I describe my
experience.  Perhaps someone else among  the group has an explanation??

Gary