Wait Charles! I saw your message! PLEASE don't leave!

Wendy

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles T. Meyer
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 10:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CENSORSHIP

DEAR JOHN & BARB,

Why is it that in spite of me being set on Repro I do not get the test
messages I send out and it appears that Bernie at least does not get my
test messages either.  Yet I receive his fine.  The only thing I can use
to explain this is that my messages are being blocked by the list
automatically.  Am I dangerous to the list? and why  wasn't I told of my
status?  Or did my posting of Bob's  letter make me  persona non
grata?.    This is precisely  .the danger of Censorship   Ideas get
quashed and are considered dangerous especially when they  look at
process of the group and especially when the process endangers the
status quo.

Bob brings up important issues and takes an unpopular stand on stem cell
research.  This is going to bring about strong feelings and at times
people will react strongly to them. That does not endanger the group and
in fact makes it stronger. I have gotten  a number of  messages that
people have enjoyed  the back and forth exchanges  between us.  I think
that except for out and out flaming, censorship  has no place on the
list  and I think that if flaming did occur in this case it came from
John  who should have put himself on review!!

If I remain on a list of people who need to be reviewed prior to being
allowed to post  I  will leave PIEN again and this time I will not be
back.  Can this group afford to lose a (retired) psychiatrist and a
neurosurgeon and still remain helpful to its participants.  Yes, but its
usefulness will be diminished  greatly.  What it cannot afford is to
allow this censorship  to continue.

Charles T. Meyer MD
Middleton, WI
(A BLUE STATE & PROUD OF IT)
and the birthplace of  Stem Cell research

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]