The Parkinson Pipeline Project website is now online at
http://www.pdpipeline.org

This project was conceived by Dr. Perry Cohen, a long-time PD advocate,
and is staffed by volunteers who seek to speed the progress of new
Parkinson's treatments through the pipeline, help encourage clinical
trial participation among PWP, and  promote patient involvement in the
treatment development process with  Parkinson's organizations,
pharmaceutical companies and the FDA.
Our site is a work in progress; we will continually add and update
information to keep visitors informed about timely PD related topics.

Currently, we are focusing on the controversy surrounding Amgen's halting
of its GDNF clinical trials. This includes joining with other PD groups
to advocate for trial participants who want Amgen to allow them to
continue receiving GDNF on a compassionate use basis.  To learn more
about this issue and how you can help see:
http://www.pdpipeline.org/amgen_gdnf_halt.htm

These folks underwent experimental brain surgery treatment to help
advance the search for a cure. THEY NEED YOUR HELP NOW!

There is  much to be done in our pursuit of a cure for PD. Patients can
and should take an active role. If you would like to become involved in
the Pipeline Project, or find out more about it --  contact Personnel
Coordinator Peggy Willocks at [log in to unmask]

Linda Herman